Applications must be completed by 11:59 PM (Mountain time) on March 23rd. You will be asked to upload a cover letter and resume, both in PDF format. Applicants should also provide a letter of reference. The letter of reference should be sent directly by its author to firstname.lastname@example.org by the application deadline.
Please upload your cover letter and resume in PDF format as part of the application process.
1. The cover letter should address the following questions:
- What DataONE Summer Internship projects are you most interested in and why?
- What contributions do you expect to be able to make to the project(s)?
- What background do you have which is relevant to the project(s)?
- What do you expect to learn and/or achieve by participating?
- What are your thoughts and ideas about the project, including particular suggestions for ways of achieving the project objectives?
- How will participation in this program help you achieve your educational and career objectives?
- Are there any factors that would affect your ability to participate, including other summer employment, university schedules, and other commitments?
2. The resume should include:
- the applicant’s educational history,
- current position,
- any publications or honors, and
- full contact information (including phone number, e-mail address, and mailing address).