What is EEVA?
DataONE’s Education EVAluation tool (EEVA) is a freely available evaluation survey instrument for training/education resources. The development of the EEVA survey tool is in direct response to a need for more systematic evaluation of educational resources and training in the research data management community.
Why use EEVA?
EEVA makes it easy to create and download customized survey questions so that you can have quick, actionable feedback on data management training and resources.
How to use EEVA
- Select relevant filters for training duration and applicability. If you would like to use all 89 questions, do not select any filters.
- Using the +/- for each section, you may see all questions from ten categories such as “Objectives,” “Content/Substance,” and more.
- Generate and download your customized survey in *.doc and *.xls formats. You may also download the full set of 89 questions in *.qsf format for Qualtrics software.
- Edit the survey as appropriate. Distribute via your preferred method*
* The *.qsf format may be imported directly into Qualtrics. We are in the process of developing an option for Survey Monkey.
How to cite EEVA
DataONE Education Evaluation (EEVA). DataONE. Retrieved Dec 12, 2016. From https://www.dataone.org/education-evaluation.
The 89 possible EEVA questions are divided between ten subject categories:
- Reasoning/Topic Knowledge/Argument
- Visual Aids
- Timing/Time Management
- Additional Comments
- Demographic/Personal Reaction
- Pre-training (e.g. questions designed to determine readiness, previous experience)
- During/Post Training (e.g. questions designed to evaluate materials, outcomes from training activities)
- Multiple Choice
- Open Ended
Kirkpatrick Evaluation Area
- Reaction (a measure of customer satisfaction)
- Learning (extent to which participants change attitudes, increase knowledge, and/or increase skill as a result of attending a program)
- Behavior (the extent to which a change in behavior has occurred because someone attended a training program)
- Results (measuring the final results that occurred because a person attended a training session)
Duration of Training*
- 1 hour
- Multi hour/Day
*The instrument was initially designed with more categories however the questions fell into either 1 hour or >1 hr categories and the filter has been adjusted accordingly.
- In person (e.g. training events)
- Online Multimedia (e.g. webinars, MOOCs)
- Text Based/Self Paced (e.g. downloadable materials, presentations)