The DataONE organization involves individuals from many different communities including research, administration, computer science, libraries, software development, citizen science, and information science. As custodians of the scholarly record, and with well-established relationships to researchers in their institutions, libraries and librarians are providers of discipline-specific expertise and research data management services. Below, we have provided a Librarian Outreach Kit to facilitate education in the area of data management and to provide an introduction to some of the most relevant DataONE products, services and resources of value to institutional librarians.
- One page synopsis on the importance of Data Management
- Primer for Librarians. DataONE: An Overview
- Ask DataONE: A community FAQ Forum
- CiteULike bibliography of researcher needs assessments
- DataONE Education Modules (includes downloadable one page synopses)
- Marketing materials; brochure, bookmark (front, back), poster (letter size)
- Community resources and promotion materials for the DMPTool