The Summer 2013 issue of DataONENews is now available. Features Include:
- A perspective from Bill Michener, project PI
- A message from the DUG Vice-Chair
- CyberInfrastructure and Member Node Updates
- Focus on activities of the Semantics and Interoperability Working Group
- Member Node description: USGS CSAS
- Outreach Update
To keep the DataONE community up-to-date and informed on current events in the wider data sharing, management, preservation and open data arenas, we have launched a 'Coffeehouse'. The Coffeehouse is a blog aggregator site pulling in relevant information from across the web and links readers back to the original content. If you have a blog relevant to the DataONE community that you would like to share, please tell us more via this form.
Under the terms of the Executive Order and a new Open Data Policy released today by the Office of Science and Technology Policy and the Office of Management and Budget, all newly generated government data will be required to be made available in open, machine-readable formats, greatly enhancing their accessibility and usefulness, while ensuring privacy and security.
The Spring 2013 issue of DataONENews is now available. Features Include:
- Report from Bill Michener discussing the recent Whitehouse memo: Increasing Access to the Results of Federally Funded Scientific Research
- Update on Version 1.1.0 of the DataONE Cyberinfrastructure
- DUG 2013 Meeting information and agenda
- Community Engagement and Education Working Group focus article
- Outreach Update
- ONER and ONEMercury highlights
- ORNL DAAC Member Node profile
The DataONE team is happy to announce the release of the first version of the DataONE R Client, our package for accessing open data in DataONE from within the R environment for statistical computing. The DataONE R Client provides the ability to access open ecological, environmental, and earth science data from the DataONE network of repositories, and to save data from within R to DataONE repositories that support write access.
Dear DataONE Community - The winter 2012/2013 issue of DataONENews is now available.
DataONE, the California Digital Library and partners were awarded a $590,000 grant from the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation to fund further development of the popular Data Management Planning Tool (DMPTool) in 2013. The bulk of the grant will go to the UC Curation Center (UC3) at the CDL to fund improvements to the DMPTool including expanded functionality, training modules, documentation and the creation of an open-source community to sustain the DMPTool in the future.