Ocean Data View (ODV) is desktop software for analysis and visualization of oceanographic, atmospheric and other geo-referenced profile or time-series data.
- Input format is basic spreadsheet-styled data tables
- Users can customize their configurations with high resolution bathymetry, coastlines, and other reference material
- Data and configuration files are platform-independent and can be exchanged between different systems
ODV is particularly useful for:
- Plots of properties at selected stations,
- Cross-sections along cruise tracks, and
- Color distributions on general isosurfaces
ODV was developed by the Alfred Weneger Institute (http://www.awi.de), under the SeaDataNet program. There are licensing restrictions for uses other than scientific research.
The GCMD data services directory includes other information about this program: